If you are looking for an outstanding college to attend, or if you are new to the area and just want to find out more about your local state college… welcome.
Lake-Sumter State College (LSSC) was established in 1962 by a group of inspired citizens to provide the opportunity for Lake and Sumter County students to receive an advanced education. Since then, we have grown into a three-campus institution serving over 7500 students annually. Our Leesburg, South Lake (Clermont) and Sumter (Sumterville) campuses have become viable assets in their communities.
Where Futures Soar is more than our slogan, it is our mission.
- Our tuition is more affordable than other universities and colleges.
- LSSC’s flexible schedules fit the needs of our full and part-time students.
- Our smaller classes offer a more personalized experience.
- LSSC offers over thirty degree, certificate and diploma programs.
- Numerous 2+2 partnerships with universities provide students a seamless transition to four-year institutions.
- Our graduates are consistently among the most academically successful of those students earning bachelor’s degrees.
For our community friends and alumni
- The Leesburg Campus has constructed a state-of-the-art Center for Teaching and Learning, while our older facilities have received major face-lifts.
- The new library on our South Lake Campus will not only benefit LSCC and UCF students, but also the entire community.
- The Sumter Campus continues to respond to its community needs with its Electrical Distribution Technology or lineman degree program, complete with an outdoor training field. A new fire station on the Sumterville site provides an additional hands-on lab for our Fire Science Technology students.
- Our Business Resources Center offers a variety of services and non-credit programs through its Custom Training, Computer Institute, Continuing Education and Business Assistance divisions.
- The LSSC Foundation’s Performing Arts Series, as well as our theatre, music and arts programs present cultural entertainment throughout the year, while our women’s volleyball and softball and men’s baseball teams compete in exciting collegiate games...all open to the public.