Examples of Popular Interview Questions
- Tell me about yourself.
- What made you apply for this position?
- Briefly, would you summarize your work history and education for me?
- What is important to you in a company/organization?
- Describe one or two of your major accomplishments.
- Give an example of when you worked under pressure to meet a deadline. Education
- What special aspects of your education or training have prepared you for this job?
- Why did you choose your major?
- What job-related skills have you developed?
- Which three adjectives would you use to describe yourself?
- What is your greatest strength?
- What is your greatest weakness?
- How do you cope with conflict?
- Describe a time when you overcame an obstacle.
- Where do you see yourself in five years?
- How will this position enable you to reach your goals?
- What will you bring to the company/organization that is unique?
Oral Presentation Skills
- Have you ever done any group presentations?
- How comfortable are you speaking in front of groups?
- What is your experience with making presentations?
- How do you facilitate group communication?
- Describe a time when you delegated responsibilities to group members.
- How do you set an example to others?
- How would you describe your basic leadership style?
- Describe a time when you worked in a team.
- How do you cope with pressure?
- Give an example of a time when you worked well under pressure.
- What would you say are some areas that you need to improve on?
- Do you prefer working alone or in groups?
- How do you receive feedback?
- Describe a time when you explained something complex to a colleague successfully.