The LSCC HIM program is proud to offer students the following resources to supplement the learning experience:
- A dedicated Program Library is located in the LSCC Library on the Leesburg Campus. A substantive collection of books and relevant journals are available for on-campus use and additional books purchased from the Laura Clark Endowment funds are available for students to review or check out on a limited basis in the Program Manager’s Office. The Laura A. Clark Memorial Health Information Management Reference Collection has been established to maintain current reference materials in the department library. The HIM reference page is at the following link and a further link to the list of books catalogued in the Laura Clark collection is listed underneath the heading for Laura Clark.
- The LSCC main library on the Leesburg Campus has book-marked applicable web sites for student research projects and has also purchased some valuable reference books related to Health Information Management.
- The program manager receives periodic job listings from area health care employers for both full and part-time job opportunities for HIM students.
- Scholarship applications are available in the Program Manager’s office (SM230). Scholarships are also available to allied health students through LRMC’s Auxiliary, FHIMA and AHIMA. Additionally, the LSCC Foundation has sponsored students to attend the annual FHIMA conventions.
- AHIMA Student Membership applications and information in addition to Health Information Student Association (HISA) sign-up sheets are available in the Program Manager’s office.
- Computers in HSC107, HSC 108 and the Library Computer Lab on the Leesburg Campus are equipped with the most recent versions of all software used in the HIM Program. Internet access is available in the LSCC library and HSC 107/HSC 108.