We are glad you have chosen to attend Lake-Sumter State College. Lake-Sumter's Veterans Affairs Office is proud to serve those who have served in our country's armed forces.
This office is available to assist you in receiving educational benefits from the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Our goal is to provide educational benefit services to eligible veterans, dependents national guardsmen and reservists enrolled here.
We are also available to assist you in other areas to help assure your academic success
We serve Veterans using their benefits for the following:
• Chapter 30 Montgomery GI Bill
• Chapter 31 Vocational Rehab
• Chapter 33 Post 9/11 GI Bill
• Chapter 35 Dependents/Survivor
• Chapter 1606 Ed Assistance – Selected Reserve
• Chapter 1607 REAP
To visit the official Department of Veterns Affairs website, click here.
Veterans Crisis Line, please click here www.mentalhealth.va.gov/suicide_prevention/
All of our currently enrolled students who are using their educational benefits to attend college will receive “priority registration”. Please contact the VA Academic Advisor for more information.
How to get started:
- First Time in College Students – submit all required documents to Admissions
- Transfer Students - submit all transcripts from all schools attended after high school to Admissions asap
• Call to meet with the VA Certifying Official to get started with the VA paperwork
• Meet with the VA Academic Advisor to develop an academic plan (bring copies of transcripts, if needed)
Click here for detailed information:
- Get VA benefits started
- Navigate through the enrollment process
- Transfer VA benefits from another school
- Develop academic plan for specific degree
- Help stay on track with program courses
- Seek out academic and community resources
“We inspire confidence through every interaction to empower lives and build futures
by providing a caring and supportive learning environment”