Child care Information
*NOTICE: We are not accepting applications at this time. Please ceck back later.
Child Care Assistance
Child care assistance is available through Child Care Access Means Parents in School (CCAMPIS) grants from the US Department of Education.
Students will select a licensed and accredited childcare provider that is convenient for them, and is willing to invoice the LSSC Financial Aid Office for reimbursement of a portion of the student’s child care expenses. Students must meet income criteria and the following criteria to qualify. Students should submit (documents identified in the steps to apply for CCAMPIS) to the Financial Aid Office on the Leesburg Campus.
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) application
- Must be Pell eligible
- Demonstrate need as based on the FAFSA application
- Must be a degree-seeking student
- Must be enrolled in at least 6 hours
- Must have at least a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA)
- Childcare provider must be Licensed and Accredited
- Must submit all documents to the Financial Aid Office by the established deadline date
Steps to Apply for CCAMPIS
Complete the LSSC Childcare Application Packet and submit it to the Financial Aid Office
Note: A new Childcare application must be submitted each semester
- Complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) form. Go to www.fafsa.ed.gov to complete the application
- Complete and submit an Application for Admission, if one has not already been done
- ___ Submit the Childcare Financial Aid Application form
- ___ Submit the Childcare Personal Data Form
- ___ Submit a copy of your (the student) detailed class schedule
Childcare providers must also complete the following documents in order to participate in the CCAMPIS program.
- ___ Submit the Childcare Provider Information Sheet
- ___ Submit a completed Childcare Agency form
- ___ Submit a completed W-9 Form
- ___ Submit a copy of the childcare provider's license and accreditation certificates.
Students must complete In-school Student Education Verification Time Sheets with Instructor’s signature(s) and submit the time sheets to the Financial Aid Office for every week that childcare reimbursement is sought. Payment will be determined based on the student's attendance in LSSC classes.
- ___ Students must submit a Child care Time Sheet every two weeks completed by the Licensed and Accredited Child care provider verifying that your child/children has/have received childcare services.
Note: All payments for childcare will be made directly to the childcare provider not the student. Child care registration fees are the responsibility of the student.