General eligibility criteria include a minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA, enrollment in a minimum of 6 hours, degree seeking and demonstrate financial need unless otherwise noted. *NOTE: Dual enrolled students and articulation agreements with other schools are not eligible for institutional scholarships. These scholarships have limited funding; therefore, every student who meets the general eligibility criteria may not receive a scholarship.
- Academic Scholarship: $500 awarded spring term each year for those students who made the President’s list during the previous fall term Minimum 3.8 GPA requirement.
- Financial Need Scholarship: $600 awarded per term for students who have documented need based on federal criteria.
- Athletics: These scholarships are awarded based on athletic talent. These students participate in LSSC volleyball, baseball, or softball programs. Award amounts vary.
- Cultural/Fine Arts: These scholarships are awarded to students based on art, music or theatrical talent. The amount of this award varies by scholarship.
- Angler: The Angler is LSSC’s monthly newspaper. The Editor, Associate Editor, Photographer, Graphic Designer and On-line Editor each receive a scholarship of $700 per term for their services in producing the newspaper.
- Art: Students may receive a scholarship of up to $700 per term for providing assistance to the Art Department.
- Brain Bowl: LSSC’s Brain Bowl team competes with other community colleges in academic challenges. Scholarships of $700 per term are awarded to Brain Bowl members.
- College Ambassador: In return for 80 hours of service per term, Ambassadors receive a $600 stipend and $700 scholarship.
- College Diplomat: In return for 70 hours of service per term, Diplomats receive a $700 scholarship.
- College Reach Out: Up to six hours tuition for 11 students in the Bridges program for summer B term only.
- LSSC Service: In return for 70 hours of service per term, students may receive up to $1000 per term based on fund availability.
- Music: Students may receive up to $500 per term for providing assistance to the Music Department.
- Odyssey: The Odyssey is an LSSC humanities magazine that contains short stories, poetry, photography, art and graphics. Students who assist in the development of this publication may receive a scholarship of $700 per term.
- Student Government Association: Scholarships are awarded to the Student Government Officers for each LSSC campus. The President receives a $850 scholarship per term. Other officers receive a $700 scholarship per term.
- Theater: Students may receive a scholarship of up to $500 per term for providing assistance to the Theater Department.
Scholarships Available for Graduating Public High School Seniors
Applications for these scholarships are available online at https://lssc.scholarships.ngwebsolutions.com
from February 1st through 28th each year. Interested students may submit an application packet for consideration by the High School Scholarship Committee. Selected candidates are informed by May of each year.
- GED: Two students from Lake and Sumter counties will be selected for $600 scholarships for one semester.
- Opportunity Scholarship: Fee waiver for twelve (12) credit hours for fall semester. Waiver hours must be utilized beginning fall semester. Spring term may be issued if hours are available.
- President’s Scholarship: $600 scholarship per semester for one year.
- Principal’s Scholarship: $1200 scholarship per semester for one year.
- Trustee Scholarship: $1200 scholarship per semester for one year.
- VePlan Scholarship: Tuitions, fees, and required books for 64 credit hours will be awarded to Eustis High School graduates in return for 75 hours of service per term.
- Williams/Johnson Scholarship: $600 scholarship per semester for one year.