Program Review Team Member Responsibilities
- You are responsible for the content and writing of the program review document. You will work closely with your department chair, dean, faculty members, and your assigned readers to produce your document.
- You are to meet with your assigned readers as detailed on schedule.
- You will produce a draft of the review no later than March 15th.
- You will present a 20-minute presentation (PowerPoint is encouraged) of your program during one of the Teaching and Learning Committee meetings in the Spring (see schedule). You will be allowed an additional 10 minutes to respond to reader comments.
- You will provide a one-page double-sided handout of the recommendations and action plan to be distributed to T&L committee.
- You will incorporate changes (as necessary) as a result of presentation to the Teaching and Learning Committee and electronically submit the final review to the Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, the Chair of the Teaching and Learning Committee, and to the Senior Manager of College Assessment Learning no later than June 1.
You will discuss your impressions and recommendations with the reviewer after each submission of the report sections.
You will complete a brief Reader's Report to be provided to the Program Manager, Dean, Vice President of Academic and Student Affairs, Chair of Teaching and Learning, and the Senior Manager of College Assessment Learning prior to the presentation of the review report:
Points to be Addressed in a Reader's Report
1. Program Overview and Mission
Determine if the report adequately describes the essential functions of the program.
2. Curriculum (IMPORTANT)
Identify major strengths and weaknesses of the curriculum.
3. Program Faculty
Summarize faculty strengths and areas in which they need professional development.
4. Student Data(IMPORTANT)
List major tools employed to assess student achievement and satisfaction and describe important positive and negative findings. Identify any significant outcomes that have not been fully investigated.
Summarize the adequacy of resources and support services and any positive or negative effects the report describes on the program or discipline.
6. Program Effectiveness
Summarize the adequacy of Student Learning Outcomes and success and completion rates. Discuss Service Excellence within the program.
7. Recommendations and Action Plans
a. Comment on each recommendation or suggestion in the action plan.
b. Are recommendations essential to the program or discipline?
c. Do rationales support the actions?
d. Are responsible parties and due dates appropriate?
If appropriate, describe other recommendations and suggestions the readers would advise adding to the action plan.
Upon completion of the presentation from the Program Reviewer which will include findings, recommendations, action plans, etc. you, as Lead Reader, will begin your comments with the strengths that stood out to you from the written report and from the presentation. After the accolades you will then note any weaknesses in the program that you perceive based on the written report and presentation. It is important that the comments be presented in an objective and constructive manner. Comment on each recommendation or suggestion in the action plan. Are recommendations essential to the program or discipline? In conclusion, comment on the action plan created to carry out each of the recommendations. Also, look at the timetable for the action plan and see if it is acceptable. Do rationales support the actions? Are responsible parties and due dates appropriate? If appropriate, describe other recommendations and suggestions the readers would advise adding to the action plan. You will be given 20 minutes for your comments.
Senior Manager of College Assessment Learning:
You will meet with all Team Members to make certain that each person understands the process as close to the beginning of the fall semester as possible.
You will facilitate the process and coordinate pertinent activities throughout the review.
You will provide data as detailed in the guidelines by the appropriate deadline.
You will assist with the analysis of the data as requested by program managers and deans.
You will provide additional data and support with displaying data in the report as needed.
You will post the final Program Review in the appropriate Program folder on the V-Drive.